Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Contract (6 months)
A Federal Government Agency is seeking a Material Handler for a 6 month contract assignment.
Provides expediting support for purchased equipment and for engineered-fabricated equipment contracts for LCLS-II project.
Serves as the focal point for the communication, maintenance and update of supplier delivery commitments noted in the contract/purchase order as negotiated by the Buyer. Through regular communication with assigned suppliers, ensures that the latest delivery information is kept up to date and relayed to the Buyers. Assesses and ensures accuracy of data received. Working with the Buyer, formulates and execute appropriate corrective actions, when necessary, to ensure that suppliers meet critical milestones.
- Interfaces with buyers, engineering, planning, project management, and quality to ensure purchase order delivery dates are understood and complied with by the supplier
- Establishes formal and informal communications with assigned suppliers to enable timely, accurate and forward-looking analysis of supplier’s progress in meeting interim delivery schedules, manufacturing milestones, material deliveries, testing activities and material and equipment delivery
- Prepares timely reports detailing supplier’s progress, problems encountered and solutions to maintain fabrication, testing and delivery schedules
- Provides pertinent information to the supplier evaluation program
- Assists buyers in securing and validating the information that supports the timely processing of invoices for payment, especially partial and progress payments
- May travel to suppliers’ locations and fabrication shops to verify progress to ensure deliveries are occurring as required by the project
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in expediting
- Associate Degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience
- Proficiency in standard computing software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems
If you are interested in exploring this excellent opportunity, please send an updated resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org