Software Test and Automation Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract to Permanent
A Fortune 50 Technology company is looking for a highly motivated Test Engineer to help build an RF and PLC-based mesh network platform for connecting millions of smart devices including electric/gas meters, grid sensors/controllers, distribution automation devices, home appliance and gadgets, edge routers, etc. The platform is based on the latest open standards from IETF and IEEE to enable end-to-end IP connectivity to every device.
The job includes but is not limited to test planning, design, implementation, execution, automation, and regression. We have a strong focus on software engineering methodologies and processes. Contribute to the design of the test and automation strategy to ensure quality of Cisco Products/Software. Produce status reports for management and participate in regularly scheduled bug scrub meetings with the development team. Champion quality improvement initiatives, and drive improvements to the test/automation methodology.
The job involves a great deal of cross functional interaction with development, customers and marketing.
This is a contract to perm position with direct hire after 3 months of contract.
- Participate and work closely with developers at various stages fspec, design reviews to develop testplans, tools, utilities.
- Drive authoring of detail feature testplans, Design Test bed design, test topologies.
- Develop scripts for automated testing.
- Assist development engineers in product defect diagnosis.
- Coach/Mentor fellow test engineers in testing and script development efforts by performing code reviews and assisting in debugging efforts.
- Initiate and participate in efforts to improve group productivity and test effectiveness.
- Very strong hands-on expertise on L2/L3 and application technologies (IPV6 , RPL, multicast, DHCPv6, CSMP , etc)
- Highly recommended knowledge experience with mesh networks and standards 802.15.4, 1901.2, and 6LoWPAN.
- Strong scripting experience in Tcl/Expect, Python
- Very good hands on experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc) and L2/L3 VPNs
- Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers and traffic generation tools.
- Strong communication( Verbal and Written) and leadership skills
- MSEE/CS with 5-10 years of experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5-6+ yrs related experience, or equivalent
- Hand on expertise in IEEE standards such as 802.15.4e/g and PLC (1901.2)