NMS Test and Automation Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract to Permanent
A Fortune 50 technology company is looking for a Software QA Engineer to test the NMS Software managing millions of smart devices including electric/gas meters, grid sensors/controllers, distribution automation devices, edge routers, etc. The platform is based on the latest open standards from IETF and IEEE to enable end-to-end IP connectivity to every device. The position is based in San Jose where you will work with engineers, partners and customer’s deployments and POC projects.
- Participate and work closely with cross-functional team( Development/Product Management) at various stages
- Review Requirements, Functional Specifications & Design documents
- Develop detailed test plans, tools, and utilities.
- Design, Install and Maintain Test beds, test topologies.
- Participate in Daily Scrub meetings
- Perform Dev-Test, Regression, Stress, Scale and Performance Tests and Solutions tests
- Develop/Maintain Automation framework work using Python
- Assist development engineers in product defect diagnosis.
- Initiate and participate in efforts to improve group productivity and test effectiveness.
- Participate in customer calls and assist in troubleshooting, data gathering and communicating resolution/fixes.
- MSEE/CS with 5-7 years of experience or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ yrs related experience
- Experience with SOAPUI, RESTful API testing
- Experience in Agile Methodology and tools such as Rally
- Strong scripting experience with Tcl/Expect, Python
- UI Application testing and experience with GUI Automation tool
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are essential
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- Experience with mesh networks and / or sensor networks
- Strong understanding of internet protocols (IPv4/IPv6/ICMPv6/TCP/UDP/DHCPv6/Netconf/HTTPS)
- Knowledge of 3G/4G, Wimax, Wifi and other wireless technologies is a plus
- Good Understanding of PKI infrastructure
- Working experience of Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM.
As a member of this team, you will help set the foundation for the company’s IOT Products/Software to help deliver on the IoT initiative across different verticals.
Join the team responsible for designing, testing, and delivering innovative and effective solutions to enable IoT!
If you are interested in exploring this excellent opportunity, please send an updated resume in Word format to email@example.com