Senior NMS Development Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract to Permanent
A Fortune 50 technology company is looking for an exceptional senior software engineer who has excellent experience in designing and developing web based applications, to help build network management system (NMS) for various Internet of Things (IOT) verticals. If you are passionate, hard-working, take pride in building quality software applications and like to excel in what you do, you are the right fit for this position. This a contract to perm position with conversion to perm after 3 months.
- Write functional spec, design spec, design and develop various features of the product
- Actively participate in code and design discussions and reviews
- Work with marketing, customers and support teams to understand customer needs and root cause issues
- Work with documentation team in developing online help and appropriate documentation for various features
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or electrical engineering discipline.
- Basic understanding of various networking technologies
- Prior experience with Object Oriented design and development
- Experience with developing high-end Software/Web Applications using Java, JBOSS, Hibernate, Oracle,REST,SOAP/XML, ExtJS, Java Script etc.
- Good understanding of databases and networking fundamentals.
- Experience in developing cloud based application would be a big plus
- Prior experience of using tools like Git, Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Gerrit would be a plus.
- Ability to structure implementation for modularity, and future extensibility