Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Contract (3 months)
A federal agency is looking to hire an AP Analyst for a 3 month contract. The candidate would preferably have experience with travel expenses.
- Process and audit the reimbursement of all types of company’s related travel expenses and direct bills; ensuring high level of accountability, accuracy, completeness, compliance and timeliness in processing reimbursements; and other areas of responsibilities.
- Process foreign and domestic travel expense reports (TER) for company employees and visitors in accordance with travel policies and guidelines. Ensure adherence to Department of Energy Orders, FlyAmerica Act, Federal Travel Regulations, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, Stanford University travel policies, and company’s travel policies and guidelines.
- Review and help resolve TERs that are pending payment due to questions about completeness, policy, etc. Determine appropriate actions to be taken. Serve as key point of contact with departments on problematic TER issues.
- Report and escalate non-compliant travel; or other travel issues that may require management attention to the Travel Analysts or Travel Manager when appropriate.
- Assist travelers by responding to inquiries and providing guidance, information, and instruction in unusual or complex situations, as needed. Assume prime responsibility for TER auditing and processing.
- Prepare and forward reimbursement beyond authority for appropriate level of approval.
- Provide professional and high quality customer support to diverse levels of travelers and administrative staff on expense report questions and issues when necessary.
- Maintain familiarity with most current Federal Travel Regulations, Stanford and SLAC travel policies.
- Meet established deadlines and perform in expected pace.
- Perform general office duties that will facilitate the smooth and productive daily functions of the Travel Office (e.g. maintaining organized and clear filing system, processing in-coming mail, maintaining clean and organized personal and general workspaces, maintaining and updating travel logs, proper handling of confidential documents etc.)
- Contribute to the TRO communication; i.e. newsletter, travel website updates, etc. Identify information needs and assist in writing the content for newsletter and web; ensure that the information in the website is accurate and current.
- Take initiative to think, internalize and function as a team to achieve the common goals of the Travel Office, the Accounting Department, BSD, and the Laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned by the Travel Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting, or a combination of education, training, and experience performing duties similar to those listed above for at least 3 years.
- High degree of analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply complex regulations to a wide variety of situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse and multiple levels of lab constituents, with external vendors and with DOE personnel.
- High degree of attention to details, accuracy and excellent organizational skills.
- Extensive computer application skills that includes Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in web maintenance is a plus.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft or other complex accounting system is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in processing travel in a large company, complex environment is a plus.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an attachment of your most recent resume in Word format.