Business Intelligence Analyst II
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Full Time
A leading healthcare information technology company seeking to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst II. An ideal candidate is an individual who has worked in health care IT shop running Informatica and Cognos, has a four degree and is team focused and wants challenging, meaningful work.
The Business Intelligence Analyst II is responsible for the implementation, integration and expansion of the existing Data Warehouse and creation of focused Data Marts to meet the operational and organizational needs of department decision makers. Works with clinical and non-clinical clients designing a reporting infrastructure to meet organizational and operational requirements. Supports existing tools and adoption of standard strategic tools to support the Data Warehouse. Must have strong analytical, leadership, communication and documentation skills. Business Intelligence Analyst II will analyze customer requirements and translate them into solid system design, with an emphasis on improving user productivity and business decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field (computer science, business administration, nursing or health care administration).
- Three to five years recent experience working with business intelligence tools that included system analysis and/or information technology activities.
- Proven experience analyzing complex issues and/or requests to provide effective solutions.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and experience working with large data sets.
- Experience with simple query commands using an Oracle database.
- Ability to work with Sharp management, staff, physicians and vendors translating business reporting needs and/or operational reporting requests into technical requirements.
- Understanding and experience developing project plans, scope documents and managing time lines such that project deliverables are thoroughly communicated to the client and deadlines are met.
- Proven skill set in applying IS principles and practices to systematically interpret functional requirements into application design and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment where multiple duties are performed to meet client expectations and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years’ experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with financial data.
If you are interested in exploring this excellent opportunity, please send an updated resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org