Systems Electrical Engineer
Location: Fremont, CA
Job Type: Full Time
A Global Technology company which is a leading supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the global semiconductor industry looking for a Systems Electrical Engineer
- Responsible for performing professional electrical engineering research, design, development, modification, and evaluation in support of electrical / electro-mechanical systems/subsystems and embedded systems.
- Convert existing control and communication systems architecture to MATLAB/Simulink models
- Develop new functional content into Simulink models. Create component model library of standardized devices/building blocks that can be used to prepare MATLAB/Simulink models.
- Assist the SME to develop/define/refine functional system specifications for physical/functional systems engineering and architecture of control and communication systems via the use of models.
- Work as part of the team to deploy and promote common Model Based Controls Systems Design processes.
- Write/develop embedded controls software using C or C++ and the MATLAB C Code Generator.
- Work with the engineering multidisciplinary design team: electrical, mechanical, software, technical support, productivity engineers, and suppliers, on the design, modification, of custom and OEM embedded systems components.
- Performs research, design, and evaluation of different techniques, components, and manufacturers, for the improvement of system performance. Prepares and analyzes test plans and procedures to assure that technical and operational requirements are met and properly demonstrated.
- Prepares material and presents it at design, project, and program reviews.
- Minimum Education: Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum Experience 10 years work experience in Systems Engineering Design.
- Hands-on hardware and in-the-lab individual
- Strong experience in:
- System simulation and modeling
- Electrical and mechanical engineering background
- Electrical and Mechanical system design knowledge
- Closed-loop control systems theory
- Knowledge of classical and modern control techniques including Root Locus, Bode plots, PID controllers, Lead-lag compensators, State feedback, Optimal Control, Nonlinear Controls , Adaptive Controls, Intelligent Controls, Kalman filters, etc.
- Strong background in Model Based Control Systems and Software Design
- Knowledge of Signal Processing and Statistics.
- Experience with sensor and actuator technologies: encoders, stepper motor, temperature, pressure, mass flow.
- Systems engineering and physical/functional architecture design.
- Embedded controls development, test and verification.
- Controls System design and test using LabView.
- Controls System design and analysis MATLAB /Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience with MATLAB Embedded Coder toolbox.
- Experience with digital communication protocols such EtherCAT, Ethernet, serial
- Experience in:
- Object-oriented design and programming.
- Other programming languages (C++, Python).
- Using hardware development and debug tools including emulators, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters and other lab test equipment
- Designing and creating schematics and specifications for various hardware digital interface and control boards
If you are interested in exploring this excellent opportunity, please send an updated resume in Word format to email@example.com