Senior Software Engineer – Ultrasound System Software
Location: Mountain View, CA
Job Type: Full Time
A leading Medical Device company is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer-Ultrasound System Software. This is a direct hire position with the company based in Mountain View, CA.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform imaging software requirements analysis and development of associated software requirements specifications
- Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
- Develop object-oriented software using C++ and software engineering best practices
- Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS desired)
- 5-10 years industry experience
- Programming expertise in C/C++
- Embedded Linux development experience
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
- Experience with embedded software design, software-hardware interaction with real-time operating systems, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Familiarity with designing system software emphasizing data transfer, memory management, and algorithm optimization techniques for high performance applications
- Team-oriented and goal-oriented mindset
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Linux kernel and driver development experience desired.
- Linux system programming desired.
- Experience in at least one embedded Linux distribution desired (e.g., Timesys)